17th May 2018
What Type Of Food Safety Courses Are Best For Your Business?
Whether your an experienced head chef or are fresh out of culinary school, you’ll already know how important food safety courses can be during the progression of your career. But what kind of food safety courses work best for your business? Do you prefer to get everyone in on their days off to complete mandatory, onsite training courses? Are you happy for your servers and chefs to use online food safety courses? How about a combination of the 2, providing both practical and physical food safety courses? Luckily, as part of the ELAS Group, STS are able to offer both types of food safety courses to ensure that your business and your staff are fully trained. But what food safety courses do we offer?
Onsite Food Safety Courses
Through our dedicated training website, elastraining.co.uk, we offer a massive range of both onsite and open food safety courses. You can book a course to be delivered on your premises for upto 12 of your staff or book your place on a course that’s being delivered at one of our nationwide training venues. So what courses do we offer?
- Level 2 Food Safety in Catering – the perfect course for developing the understanding of potential food safety hazards and the associated best practices.
- Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Catering – for anyone in a supervisory/managerial role within any food business. Examines the roles they play in HACCP, training, communication and much more.
- Level 3 Supervising Food Safety for Manufacturers – as above, but with an emphasis on the food manufacturing industry.
- Level 4 Managing Food Safety in Catering – provides delegates with an in depth understanding of food safety and hygiene including the development and implementation of FSM systems and remaining legally compliant.
- Level 4 Managing Food Safety in Manufacturing – as above, but with an emphasis on the food manufacturing industry.
- Level 2 HACCP for Catering – provides delegates with a good understanding of the principles of HACCP, as well as helping businesses meet the legal requirements of HACCP training.
- Level 2 HACCP for Manufacturing – as above, but with an emphasis on the food manufacturing industry.
- Level 3 Supervising HACCP for Catering – informs delegates of the legal requirements and flexibility pertaining to HACCP, and the importance of the prerequisite programmes.
- Level 3 Supervising HACCP for Manufacturers – as above, but with an emphasis on the food manufacturing industry.
- TACCP – educates delegates about the possible threats the food and drink industry faces, including those with malicious intent.
- Food Allergen Awareness – ensures delegates are confident when it comes to understanding, managing and providing allergen information.
- Level 3 Food Allergen Management – provides delegates with guidance on how to manage allergenic hazards throughout the food business; from purchasing ingredients to point of sale.
- Level 3 Effective Auditing and Inspection – provides delegates with the necessary skills and knowledge required to conduct appropriate and in-depth audits and inspections.
- BRC Global Standard Issue 7 – helps technical teams gain a firm understanding of the new BRC requirements for the Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7, as well as any evidence that you will be expected to present during the audit process.
- BRC Conversion Course for Manufacturers – equips delegates with the skills and knowledge to successfully implement Issue 7 of the BRC standard at their work site.
- Understanding BRC Requirements – provides delegates with a clear understanding of the protocols and requirements of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7, including the audit process.
- Listeriosis Workshops – designed to help hospitals and other care organisations reduce the risk of Listeriosis within their organisation.
- Level 2 Personal Licence Holders – meets the statutory requirements for anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol in licensed premises. This course covers the syllabus set by the Government
As you can see, the ELAS Group offer a wide range of onsite food safety training courses, but what about online training? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered there as well!
Online Food Safety Courses
If you haven’t got the time, or budget, to have your entire kitchen or wait staff attend a multiple day training course, you may be interested in our online food safety courses. They provide a cost and time effective training solution for businesses and individuals looking to improve their knowledge. They also act as a cost effective way of refreshing the knowledge of your staff after they’ve achieved their qualifications. So what online food safety courses do we offer?
- Level 1 Food Safety – has been designed to educate all delegates in the basics of food safety.
- Level 2 Food Safety – provides food handlers with a sound, basic understanding of all food safety hazards and their associated best practices.
- Level 3 Food Safety – for anyone who manages or supervises small, medium or large catering or retail businesses. Particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor their HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems.
- Allergen Awareness – provides delegates with an understanding food allergens and food labelling, in line with the new legislation. Topics include the 14 allergens, allergenic reactions, food labelling, hygiene precautions and first aid.
Didn’t find the course you’re looking for? Why not get in touch and see if we can help! Simply complete the contact form and let us know what course you’re looking for and we’ll get back to you ASAP!