HomeTrainingLevel 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders
This course is both QCA accredited and Government approved, and has been specifically designed to meet the statutory requirements of the Licensing Act 2003 where anyone authorising the sale of alcohol must hold a personal licence.
The personal licence holders qualification is nationally recognised and is designed for anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol in licensed premises including:
- pubs and bars
- hotels and restaurants
- supermarkets and convenience stores
- sports and social clubs
- nightclubs and entertainment establishments
- leisure parks
- any other venue or site where alcohol is sold
The Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders covers the syllabus set by the Government, to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Permitted temporary licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effect of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol
The course is delivered over 1 day by our highly qualified and experienced instructors, in an interactive and engaging manner
Dates and Locations
We regularly hold the Personal Licence Holders courses at various locations across the UK.
Contact STS for upcoming course dates and locations
£125 + VAT
For more information on our full range of award winning training courses, call us today on 01252 728 300.
Download the syllabus here.